miércoles, 14 de enero de 2015

Jo's Curry Dip.



 Fuerteventura in the Canary Islands,  is one of the most amazing places I have ever lived. I consider it to be quite "extreme" from many perspectives. It is a volcanic desert island surrounded by a powerful Atlantic ocean with strong winds and a stunning sunlight almost all the year-round . The Four elements of Earth, Water, Fire and Air are present everywhere and you will feel their presence no matter what. If I have to describe the energy of this place in one word, I would use INTENSITY.
 Those who enjoy wilderness, sun light and surf will probably enjoy this unique paradise. I hope to go back one day and pay a visit to my friends and the places that I loved.




While I was living there I heard several times that  living in this part of the world, could make your karmic wheel to run faster than usual. From my own experience I feel this is true as there was always "something going on"  in terms of facing life challenges. 
The period that I lived in Fuerteventura, I realized and understood an important lesson: To acknowledge fierce emotions within myself and to recognise and embrace my dark side
Like it or not, we all have a dark side, a shadow that we were taught to run away from. We are taught that emotions like fear, anger, sadness, envy, rage...were "negative emotions" and we learn to suppress or to hide them not providing a space for that part of ourselves that was trying to manifest itself. We tend to bury those feelings in the belief that they are terrible and, thinking that this is the best thing we can do, completely unaware that sooner or latter we will face. They will find a way to manifest through our physical/mental/energetic/emotional body, perhaps in the form of a disease.
Asana practice or meditation are greats tools for facing/embracing our dark side on a daily basis. If they are well understood, they can be a sophisticated instrument for spiritual growth. Sadly enough, it is common to come across "spiritual teachers" who wont admit this dark side of the human personality and will claim that there is not space for it in spiritual evolution.
Emotions were created to be felt as they are part of our inner wisdom.
My feeling is that  there cannot be light without darkness and, in order to find our light, we must first give a place to our darkness, acknowledge it, honour it and finally overcome it.  





Today's recipe is a curry dip, I learned it from my dear friend and workmate Jo Dombernowsy, She is an amazing cook and working with her was a very inspirational experience. She wrote a great cook book which contains recipes that I often use. This is one of my favourites:

 Ingredients:

-100 ml. sunflower seeds
-100ml. extra virgin olive oil
-1 teaspoon of apple vinegar
-1 tablespoon lemon juice
-4 teaspoon of mild or soft curry
-1 teaspoon of turmeric
-1 apple peeled and cut into chunks
-Sea salt for seasoning

Process:

Blend all the ingredients together until it gets a soft consistency and serve it with bread, raw veggies or crackers.


ENJOY!!


No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario